ISLAND is holding more events than ever this year—which means we have plenty of opportunities for you to volunteer!
- Burrito Breakfast Benefit for ISLAND in Bellaire (prior to the Short's to Short's Paddle), Thursday, April 26 (cooking and cleanup, 3:00 to 4:00pm) and Friday April 27 (serving and cleanup 6:00am to 9:00am)
- Goat Skill Swap, Saturday June 23rd, East Jordan (2-3 volunteers needed for set-up, check-in, general assistance, and cleanup, times TBA)
- Food Preservation Workshops, events from June-October, time and locations vary (1 volunteer at each event for set-up, check-in, general assistance, and cleanup)
- Burger Night, Tuesday July 10, Bellaire, 4:30-9:30pm (2-5 volunteers for set-up, check-in, general assistance, and cleanup)
- Introduction to Welding, Sunday July 22, Bellaire (1 volunteer needed for set-up, check-in, general assistance, and cleanup)
- Paparazzi: Take high quality photos for our archives. You need your own digital camera and a willingness to take a few dozen shots an hour. Of course, the ability to take pictures without disrupting the event is key.
- Street Team! We need a person or two in Petoskey, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids, Traverse City, Leelanau County, Kalkaska, Grayling, etc. who can pick out a half dozen places to hang posters for upcoming events. 3-5 times a year we'll either email you PDFs to print and hang or we'll send you a small packet of posters. Take them to coffee shops, libraries, bookstores, pubs and wherever else you think folks will find out about the great events we're hosting!
- Cordwood Building and Green Roof Installation, May-August, Schedule TBA, Bellaire (at least 6 volunteers needed to hold each workbee day—bring your friends!)
Here's how it works:
- For events with an entrance fee of less than $40, volunteers get in free (plus materials fee), and get $10/hour credit towards future events.
- Arrangements are made on a case-by-case basis for those who volunteer at events that cost over $40.
Please fill out this form if you are interested in volunteering. We will do our best to plug you into your preferred volunteer slot, and we will keep you updated about future volunteer opportunities. Contact Yvonne at 231-622-5252 or email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you for your support!