- Adaptation Blog - an informal electronic journal investigating the spiritual, cultural, and philosophical implications of Peak Oil and Global Warming. Hasn't been updated since August, but the archives are worthy of your attention.
- Transition Culture - An evoloving exploration into the head, heart and hands of energy descent. A UK blog, but lots of good information and opinion here. Plus I was a runner up in their limerick contest (though they got my name wrong). Here was my near-winner:
While his aides ran around all aflutter
The president yawned
And said, “Oh, life beyond
oil? Well, let them eat butter”
- John Kricfalusi has a blog. John's the creator of Ren & Stimpy and a highly opinionated (and talented) cartoon artist. He offers countless great tips on color, line, form and the state of the industry.
- ASIFA - Hollywood Animation Archive - full of incredible images - old illustrations, album covers, movie lobby cards and more.
- The Little ARTshram - Penny Kreibel, out of the Empire area, runs the Little ARTshram, Inspiring and educating people of all ages to live creatively and in harmony with nature.
- Wooster Collective - is dedicated to showcasing and celebrating ephemeral art placed on streets in cities around the world.
- Design Observer - Writings on design and culture.
- No Ideas But in Things - Inspiration for interaction designers. Members upload photos of everything from crosswalk signals to guitar knobs. Cooler than it sounds.
- Coudal Partners - These guys hawk t-shirts and a CD jewelboxing system, but not terribly, and otherwise this site is filled with great art, short films, a six degrees of Bob Dylan contest and all sorts of very random weirdness. Includes the Museum of Online Museums. Updated a half-dozen times a day.
- The Book of Ratings - This guy rates stuff. Good for dorks like me.
- The Nonist - Like Coudal Partners, above, a collection of strangeness, sometimes just by contextually organizing the banal. Probably my favorite blog right now.